Blog

Mold: How This Fungus Can Harm Your Health

Did you know that mold isn’t just for fancy cheese and old bread? This dangerous substance can also be lurking in your water supply. Mold thrives in dark, wet places, making your home (particularly those areas affected by water damage) hotbeds for its growth. If you’re searching for water damage cleanup in New Jersey, you should also check your living area for signs of mold.

 

If left untreated, mold can have serious effects on your health. In 2004, a major study found evidence that linked the presence of indoor mold to upper respiratory tract infections in otherwise healthy people. In those with asthma or other sensitivities, the effects were even more pronounced, linking mold to other upper respiratory issues like cough and obstructive lung disease. Individuals with asthma or small children (who may have weakened immune systems) are advised to stay away from wooded areas that are likely to contain mold.

 

Mold can be found both indoors and outdoors, and some may even be hiding in your own home. Mold enters the home through open doorways and can cling to the fibers on your clothes or the fur on pets that have free reign to walk in and out of the home. Mold thrives in damp, warm places, such as leaking roofs and pipes or near the cracks in windows, shower doors and even upholstery. Mold can also grow well on paper products including cardboard, paper towels and toilet paper.

 

Searching for mold can help to reduce the risk of illness in your home. If you have a leaking pipe or window issue, be sure to call Rightway Waterproofing, your local experts in mold removal in NJ, to ensure that the water damage is the only hazard in your home. By staying vigilant and taking proper care of any damage to your home, you can reduce the risks associated with mold in your home.

Business Accreditation

Hear What Our Customers Are Saying!

“We wanted to thank you for your personal and specialized attention to the water problem we had in our basement. You took the time to inspect the whole situation and gave us recommendations, all of which worked. You had a way of explaining the process and materials that would be used in a way that we understood. We are very pleased with the work that was done and would highly recommend your company to anyone.”

-John and Barbara Vicich

“The day after Hurricane Irene, all of my neighbors basements were filled with water, while mine remained dry! It is wonderful, everything remains dry and the battery backup worked beautifully when my power was out for 2 days. Dry AND quiet, thank you, thank you! Thanks! Debbie, Berwyn”

-Debbie, Berwyn

“All I have to say is that Hurricane Irene was no match for the job that Rightway did for my basement and my father-in-law’s. I had my basement done 5 years ago and we are still bone dry and my father-inlaw’s was done last year and another dry basement… Great job! I highly recommend them for waterproofing and mold remediation.”

-Doug Smith, Glenside

“I’d highly recommend these guys for your basement. My basement has been dry since they installed a sump pump and French drain in June. They offer a competitive price, they get the job done quickly and they stand by their work. Please mention my name if you proceed down the road with these guys.”

-Luke

“We had our basement waterproofed with Rightway Waterproofing in 2007, after all this time and just getting through Hurricane Irene, we did not get a drop of water in our basement. Rightway Waterproofing did a very good job and we are very satisfied!”

-Angelo and Sandra Patiri