Have you had any type of moisture in your basement, ever? Even years ago, before you bought the house, did the previous owner suffer a flood or a water break? Perhaps your bathroom always feels moist? Unless you have reached out to a waterproofing contractor in Chester County, you may have mold growing in your home. While mold might not seem like a big deal in your basement, the truth is that mold growth might be making you sick without even realizing it.
We all breathe in spores all the time. We even consume some types of mold — if you like bleu cheese on your wings, you’re eating mold! However, when it comes to household mold, things can get a bit more dangerous. Mold can make its way into our lungs and leave them inflamed or even infected. Breathing in a single mold spore now and again typically will not do anything to someone with a strong immune system. However, if your immune system is weak, or you have mold growing inside your home, it can do a lot of damage.
Mold is able to do a lot of things to your body. First, it can make you cough. If you have any type of mold allergy, it could make your eyes itch and leave you exhausted. If you are exposed to a lot of mold, it could even make it hard to breathe. These symptoms are often worse in young children and the elderly.
If you suspect there is any type of mold growing in your home, call Rightway Waterproofing and request a basement inspection in Philadelphia. Our team will tell you the truth about any mold lurking in your home — and we’ll help you take proactive steps to protect yourself and your family. Give us a call today to learn more or get started!