Are you looking to redo your basement? Do you want to use the space for your family, but you simply aren’t sure what to use it for? Then you will be happy to know that you have lots of options. Start off by getting a basement inspection for your Philadelphia home, so that you know how much usable space you have. Then, figure out the best use of your space.
Here are some ideas!
- Home office. With remote work becoming increasingly popular, a home office that is quiet and secluded is ideal. Plus, you can set it up so that the room is soundproof if you need it to be!
- Kids play space. If you are tired of having kids’ toys in every corner of your home, consider giving them the basement to play in. They can make a mess, and you can simply close the door when company comes over!
- Teen or elderly apartment. Whether you have someone about to go out on their own or an elderly family member who needs a little help, a mini apartment can be a great way to provide safety and independence.
- Winery. If you love collecting vintage wines, then a winery in the basement is a great option. Plus, it’s dark and cool, ideal for keeping wine so it can continue to age!
- Library. This room is ideal for adults who love to sit down and lose hours to a good book. Add some comfortable furniture and a few bookshelves and you are good to go. However, it should not be considered until you have a waterproofing contractor in Chester County come and finish your basement. If not, your books could become musty and moldy over time if a flood or burst pipe damages your home.
Are you looking for the right team to help you finish your basement? Rightway Waterproofing is here to help you create your ideal space! Give our team a call today to learn more!