Though most people are disgusted by mold and work to keep it out of their homes, the sad truth is that the spring season brings along an explosion of the annoying spores that keep us sneezing. The light and persistent rains that visit beginning in March combined with warmer temperatures make spring the No. 1 season for dealing with mold allergies.
This spring, don’t suffer in silence! Take these five tips from our experts at Rightway Waterproofing Co., the leading basement waterproofing company serving Bucks County, to help reduce allergy attacks and rid mold.
- Invest in a dust mask. Unfortunately, it’s impossible to avoid all sources of mold in the world. For example, wet grass in the spring is a prime habitat for mold-which most of us would have trouble avoiding after rain. Investing in a quality dust mask can help stop you from inhaling spores when doing outdoor work or indoor chores.
- Think about where you’re headed. Some types of businesses are more habitable to mold than others. Flower shops, antique stores and construction sites are prime spots for mold growth. If you’re headed to one of these locations, remember to bring your allergy medication and a dust mask.
- Make your bathroom unfriendly to mold. The bathroom, along with the basement, is one of the places in our home that can see a large amount of mold growth. Remember to keep an exhaust fan on or a window open in your bathroom every time you take a shower to prevent mold growth.
- Move quickly. Speed is the key to preventing mold growth. If you notice a spill, a leak or a dripping pipe, make sure to get it corrected as soon as possible to limit the time that mold has to move in!
- Mold-proof your basement. A damp basement is a breeding ground for mold. Call our professionals at Rightway Waterproofing Co. to schedule an appointment to learn more about mold remediation services and basement waterproofing.
Are you constantly dealing with allergy attacks during spring? The problem might be your basement! Give our team at Rightway Waterproofing Co. a call today at 866-741-6190 to schedule a free basement inspection and learn about our services such as basement crack repair in Chester County.