Many homeowners assume that if they see standing water in their basement, they should consider having their basement waterproofed. However, there are a number of additional symptoms that you might see that may signal that it’s time to consider basement waterproofing services. Here are a few signs you should waterproof your basement — even if you aren’t currently watching water pool in the lowest level of your home.
- Standing water around your foundation: If you notice that you have standing water around your foundation, now is a great time to look for a basement company in Bucks County. After sitting outside for a while, it could easily begin to make its way inside your property.
- You smell mildew: When there is mildew growth from an area containing moisture, you will smell it. If you notice that sour smell, you likely have a water problem.
- Check your walls and windows: Look at the walls and the windows in your basement. If they have drips, stains, or discoloration, these are likely the result of water entering your home from outdoors.
- Sealed cracks: If your basement had issues with cracks in the past that are now sealed, it is important to keep an eye on them. If you notice moisture in the area, resealing or waterproofing may be necessary.
- Sloping yards: If your yard slopes towards your home instead of away, waterproofing is very likely to be in your future. This is because water often runs downhill to your property, finally pooling when it reaches your basement.
Interested in learning more about the benefits that basement waterproofing can bring to your property? Don’t wait until you’re already mopping up water in your basement! Give Rightway Waterproofing’s team of basement waterproofing contractors in Chester County a call today to learn more or schedule your appointment for a consultation.