As a basement company in Bucks County, Rightway Waterproofing knows firsthand just how much damage water can cause to a home. But did you know that the United States has seen some of the most expensive hurricanes in the world? Let’s take a look at some of the costliest hurricanes in the world and the damage they’ve caused.
- Hurricane Harvey. The costliest hurricane in U.S. history, 2017’s Hurricane Harvey caused a devastating $125 billion in damage. An estimated 82 people lost their lives during the storm.
- Hurricane Katrina. Unsurprisingly, Hurricane Katrina is the second costliest storm in U.S. history. A category 3 storm, Hurricane Katrina cost $108 billion in damage.
- Hurricane Sandy. The third costliest hurricane in the history of the United States, Hurricane Sandy caused over $71 billion in damage. Some residents of New York City saw their cars completely submerged in water—not to mention the billions’ worth of damaged the subway system sustained.
- Hurricane Ike. 2008’s Hurricane Ike was the fourth-costliest hurricane seen in the United States. The category 2 storm lingered in the Caribbean before hitting land in Texas, causing about $30 billion in damage.
- Hurricane Andrew. If you’re younger than 25, you probably don’t remember Hurricane Andrew. However, the storm’s lasting impact can still be felt by some of the communities in southern Florida. Hurricane Andrew caused over $25 million in damage. Response from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) was so slow that the storm prompted changes to national emergency response policies.
The summer season comes along with more rainstorms and flash flooding. While we might not see the major effects of a billion-dollar hurricane in New Jersey, the after-effects of a big storm can easily damage your basement. Rightway Waterproofing’s basement waterproofing and basement inspections in Bucks County can help you protect yourself and your property. Give our team a call today at 866-741-6190 or pay us a visit online at https://www.rightwaywaterproofing.com.