Most home sale offers include clauses that say that the buyer can cancel the sale if a home inspection reveals a major underlying issue with the property. This means that even a sale that’s days away from closing can be ruined by negative inspection results. Make sure that your home is free of these five common sale-ruining issues before your inspector arrives.
- Faulty wiring. Faulty wiring can create a fire hazard in your home if left uncorrected. A wiring issue can quickly become incredibly dangerous and must be corrected before a home sale.
- Roofing problems. Most homeowners aren’t aware that roofing doesn’t last forever. As your home ages, so does the material that makes up your roofing. Take a look at your roofing and search for things like indents and missing shingles. Contact a roofing service to correct these issues before you put your home on the market.
- Leaking gutters. Leaky gutters can cause water to pool in your yard, increasing your chances of a basement flooding or safety hazard. The next time it rains, walk around your yard and see how your gutters are draining water. If water is pooling near your property, your gutters are most likely the culprit.
- Basement mold. Basement mold (especially toxic black mold) is notoriously difficult to get rid of after it takes root in your home. If you know that there’s mold in your basement, call for NJ mold removal as soon as possible.
- Foundation cracks. Cracks in your home’s foundation puts the structural integrity of your home at risk. While you can fill minor cracks in your foundation with silicone caulking or epoxy, more serious issues will require expert repair.
Do you have mold in your basement? Black mold removal in NJ from Rightway Waterproofing can save your property — and potentially, your home sale. Give our team a call today to learn more or schedule your appointment for service.