Most of our bodies are water. Most of the earth is water. Without it, we’d perish.
But too much of anything can be a bad thing. The team here at Rightway Waterproofing has been specializing in basement waterproofing in New Jersey for over 20 years, which is why we know how important it is to protect your homes from leaks, molds, and water damage.
Here are some warning signs to keep an eye on:
Damp floors and walls
A white chalky substance
Increase in mildew and mold
If your basement encounters any of the above symptoms contact a the experts at Rightway immediately. We do basement waterproofing in Philadelphia and New Jersey the right way!
While basement floors are very damaging, it could always be worse. Take a look at five of the most devastating floods of all-time to help put things into perspective:
5. Eastern Guatemala flood – Caused by a Pacific hurricane in 1949, this flood created long-lasting problems and killed tens of thousands of people.
4. Red River and Hanoi Delta flood – During the Vietnam War in 1971, this flood dramatically impacted thousands of Northern Vietnamese locals near the Red River Delta.
3. Yellow River Flood (1938) – Millions of lives were lost in this 1938 act of warfare when China strategically destroyed dikes to let the river flow serve as a weapon by drowning nearby settlements.
2. Yellow River Flood (1887) – Yes, the same Yellow River in China. The overflow in September of 1887 left over 2 million people homeless (and even more deceased.) This catastrophe left over 50,000 square kilometers of land submerged.
1. Central China Floods of 1931 – This disaster was a byproduct of multiple storms occurring in a short timespan. Nine cyclones were reported in July 1931 alone. This is considered by many to be the more destructive natural disaster ever.
Although flooding is common, technology has allowed us to get better at preventing and responding to it. Compared to the events above, water in your basement may not seem critical, but when water gets into your home, it causes havoc financially, emotionally, and even physically.
To get information on waterproofing your home, visit www.rightwaywaterproofing.com or call 866-741-6190.